The purpose of the Gospel Life Membership Agreement is to...
- Clarify the ongoing blessings and responsibilities of each member.
- Encourage joyful consistency, gracious accountability, and loving unity among this local body of believers.
As elders of Gospel Life Church, we agree to...
- Seek your growth in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. [2 Pet 3:18]
- Provide Christ-centered preaching, teaching, and counsel from the Scriptures that spans the whole counsel of God’s Word. [Jn 5:39; Lk 24:25-27; 1 Cor 2:1-5]
- Administer the sacraments to you as directed by our Savior. [Lk 22:19-20]
- Help you in times of need. [Acts 2:42; 4:32-35; Jam 2:14-17]
- Meet the criteria assigned to elders in the Scriptures. [1 Tim 3:1-13; 5:17-22; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Pet 5:1-4]
- Pray for you regularly, particularly when you are sick. [Jam 5:14]
- Be on guard against false teachers. [Acts 20:28-31]
- Exercise church discipline when necessary. [Mat 18:15-20; 1 Cor 5; Gal 6:1]
- Equip you to serve. [Eph 4:11-13]
- Seek God’s will for GLC to the best of our ability as we study the Scriptures and follow the Spirit. [Acts 20:28; 1 Pet 5:1-5]
- Join you in fulfilling the responsibilities of church members. [Phil 3:17; 1 Tim 4:12]
Elder Print, Sign, & Date:
As a member of Gospel Life Church, I agree to the following...
- Salvation: I am a Christian, saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone. [Eph 2:8-9; Titus 3:3-7]
- Baptism: I have been baptized in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. [Mat 28:19]
- Unity of Beliefs: I have read and understand the GLC beliefs statement and agree to not be divisive to its teaching. [Eph 4:1-6; 1 Thes 5:12-13; Heb 13:17]
- Stewardship: I will seek the Lord and decide in my own heart how to manage the resources Jesus has entrusted to me, which include my time, treasures, and talents for the spread of the gospel to the glory of Christ. [2 Cor 9:7; 2 Cor 8:1-4; Gal 5:18; Eph 5:15-16]
- Missional Vision: I agree to aid in Gospel Life’s missional purpose to help all people find rest in the gospel of grace. [1 Cor 15:1-5]
- Church Discipline: I covenant to follow the biblical procedures of church discipline, and submit myself to discipline if the need should ever arise. [Matt 18:15-17; Gal 6:1-5]
- Spiritual Authority. I agree to submit to the leadership of the elders at Gospel Life Church. [Heb 13:17]
- Scriptural Authority: I agree to submit to the authority of the Scriptures as the final arbiter on all issues. [Ps 119; 2 Tim 3:16-17; Heb 4:12]
- Voting. I understand that as a member of GLC I am eligible to vote on any issues the elders bring forth.
- Leadership. I understand that as a member of GLC I am eligible to serve on the Missions Team, Pastoral Staff, Deacon Board, or the Elder Board.
Member Print, Sign, & Date: